General characteristics of the system:
With the VAKO Dump Covers on your dump truck & trailer or container you can still pile loads.
The covers are of strong aluminum that remains intact during work in harsh conditions.
Opened covers hanging along the sides and still entirely free top rails.
The covers have a folded height of 70cm making them well fit on lower dump bodies .
The folded covers halves have a total width of 10cm only in addition to the box or container.The system is universal and easy to install on every tub. Installation can be done by the distributor or customer himself!The covers can remain closed, but also be opened while unloading!
- The VAKO dump cover covering systems are supplied short to long. The max. length is 10 meters.
- The standard is equipped with 2 or 3 hinges per side, mounted to the dump body.
- The new 55cm high headboard, equipped with see-through bars, will protrude above the bucket.
- The closed covers closes the box surrounding completely.
- The opened covers measures only 70cm below the top rail. Clean sides on outside while opened!
- Heavy and steep loads can be covered.
- Mounting by the distributor, customer or VAKO.
- Hydraulic powered by 2 x VAKO drive boxes.
Length min / max: 1000/10.000
Width min / max: 1700/3000
Height of the additional headboard: 600
Height under closed covers: 550
Height of the opened folded covers: 700
Angle of diagonal covers: 50°
Angle of horizontal covers: 0°
Material of the covers: Aluminium profiled shelves’
Material of frame tubes: steel
Color of the steel components: RAL 9011 standard (on request)
There should be a hydraulic pump unit with valves for actuating the cover system.
Both cover halves will open and close simultaneously. Separate operation is also possible.
Sometimes, the hydraulic supply to the cover system is yet to be built on the trailer.
The VAKO cover system is hydraulically driven. The tractor or trailer must be equipped with a hydraulic system first. Sometimes the system is provided by the manufacturer already. You can choose for an optional power pack as well. VAKO does supply a optional retrofit kit with all hydraulic components to equip your vehicle yourself.
The specific components used for driving the covers are:
2 hydraulic drive units with 50mm shaft completely pre-assembled.
2 overcenter valves to prevent accidents due to unforeseen movements caused by leakage.
2 restrictor valves so that both cover halves move together. They come in 2 speeds.
Other hydraulic components are standard on the market. We recommend to use pipes of 12mm. These components are not included in the drive unit. We can offer a optional complete kit with all suitable parts.
- Hydraulic pressure: 180bar (min.)
- Flow 10L / min. (min.)
Building up the system:
The entire construction can be done at VAKO’s, but also at manufacturers, distributors and customers themselves. The cover system is tested on proper working and approved when it’s mounted onto the vehicle at VAKO.
When the Drive Kit, covers and possibly the headboard are provided by VAKO, the client construct them onto the dump body and is responsible and should take care for a proper working of the covers. Work instructions and drawings are included made by VAKO engineering.
The hydraulic components are not included. We can supply it optionally, and their installation will be done by the customer. Fitting from truck or tractor to the headboard of the dumper body.
- VAKO sidewall raiser frame on the original dump body combined with VAKO cover system.
- VAKO sidewall raiser frame in different heights: 70/80/100/120/160/200/240/300/500mm.
- VAKO mud container on the original dump body combined with VAKO cover system.
- Two dividing plates for, both removable, to avoid spillage. 1 at the front and 1 at the back.
- Tailgate sealing on original vehicle made by VAKO. The folding covers are provided with rubber seals on the entire length.
- VAKO covers set in a sharp roof shape for waterproof covering of agriculture products such as grains, potatoes, onions, bulbs etc.