General characteristics of the Tipping Cover ALU:
- Especially for use on tipper truck which are used in road transport.
- With VAKO tipping cover system on your trailer or container you can still piling loads.
- The aluminium covers are of strong material combined with steel that remains intact during harsh conditions.
- When the covers are hanging opened along the side wall the top edge will be completely free and protected by a steel torsion shaft.
- The covers have a folded height of 140cm making them well fitted on high dump bodies.
- The opened covers have a total folded width of only 10cm in addition to the box or container width.
- The system is universal and easy to mount on every tub. Installation can be done by the distributor or customer himself!
- The covers can remain closed, but also be opened while unloading!
- The VAKO covering systems are supplied from short to long. The maximum length is 13.6 meters.
- The standard is equipped with 2,3 or 4 hinges per side, mounted to the dump body.
- The new 40cm heigh headboard will protrude above the bucket. By default equipped with see-through bars.
- The closed covers closes the box surrounding completely. Rubber flaps are mounted to close the back.
- The opened covers measures 145cm below the top rail. Clean sides are on the outside while opened!
- Steep loads can be covered. Tubes are mounted between the lifting arms.
- Above both sides so called “greedy boards” rise straight up 30cm.
- From each side, the covers rises with 5 ° up, to the middle of the box. (like a roof)
- Mounting by the distributor, customer or VAKO.
- Hydraulic powered by 2 x VAKO drive boxes.
Length min / max: 2000/13.600
Width min / max: 1700/3000
Height of the additional headboard: 450
Height under closed covers: 400
Height of the opened folded covers: 1,45
Corner of both greedy boards: straight up
Angle of horizontal covers: 5 °
Material of the covers: Aluminium profiled shelfs
Material of tubes: steel
Color of the steel components: RAL 9011 standard (on request)
The VAKO covering system can be operated directly from the truck.
There should be a hydraulic pump unit with valves for actuating the cover system.
The unit can also be equipped with a radio remote control.
Both cover halves will open and close simultaneously. Separate operation is also possible.
Sometimes, the hydraulic supply to the cover system is yet to be built on the truck/trailer.
The VAKO cover system is hydraulically driven. The tractor, truck or trailer must be equipped with a hydraulic system first. Sometimes the system is provided by the manufacturer allready. You can choose for an optional powerpack as well. VAKO does supply a optional retrofit kit with all hydraulic components to equip your vehicle yourself.
The specific components used for driving the covers are:
2 hydraulic drive units with 50mm shaft completely pre-assembled.
2 overcenter valves to prevent accidents due to unforeseen movements caused by leakage.
2 restrictor valves so that both cover halves move together. They come in 2 speeds.Other hydraulic components are standard on the market. We recommend to use pipes of 12mm. These components are not included in the drive units. We can offer a optional complete kit with all suitable parts.
- Hydraulic pressure: 180bar (min.)
- Flow 10L / min. (min.)
Building up the system:
The entire construction can be done at VAKO’s, but also at manufacturers, distributors and customers themselves.
The cover system is tested on proper working and approved when it’s builded onto the vehicle at VAKO.
When the Drive Kit, covers and possibly the headboard are provided by VAKO, the client construct them onto the dump body and is responsible and should take care for a proper working of the covers. Work instructions and drawings are included made by VAKO engineering.
The hydraulic components are not included. We can supply it optionally, and their installation will be done by the customer. Fitting from truck or tractor to the headboard of the dumper body.
VAKO mudcontainer on the original dump body combined with VAKO cover system.
Two dividing plates for, both removable, to avoid spillage. 1 at the front and 1 at the back.
Tailgate sealing on original vehicle made by VAKO. The folding covers are provided with rubber seals on the entire length.
VAKO covers set in a sharp roof shape for waterproof covering of agriculture products such as grains, potatoes, onions, bulbs etc.